Friday, January 13, 2012

Tony Chrissman, Highwoods Properties Inc - Triangle Business Journal:

doqujamup.wordpress.com
Largest building managed: Currently 163,329 squard feet. What has been your greatest management challenge in the past year The greatest challenge has been balancing the time needec to take care ofmy tenant'z needs, maintaining my properties, and managing eighr people that report directly to me. How did you meet that challenge Foremost, a very supportive manager, Velma Keen, is alwayse available to lend assistance and I first try to take care ofmy tenants, the buildingf technicians do an outstandin job of taking care of the buildings, and the peopl I work with are very talentesd and understanding of the time What experience has had the most impact on how you handlwe property management?
In my previous I was responsible for properties leased from a number of including Highwoods. The level of service I alwayxs received from Highwoods set a standardc that most otherlandlords weren't able to reach. What is your business goal forthis year?? A very high tenant satisfaction is my numbert one goal each year. Tenant retention and assistingf with signing new tenants are two othetr areas I will befocusinv on. Have you increasexd your focus on security at the buildingsyou manage?
We have increased securityt patrols, added electronic locks to some locations, implementer an exterior lighting inspection/maintenance and we conduct safety meetings for our buildin g technicians and property managers. About what do you most worrt with respect toyour buildings? Buildingh system malfunctions and power outagews are two of the most problematic When these things happen, we make everuy effort to resolve them quickly to minimize the disruptionn and inconvenience to our tenants. What advicr would you give someone considering a careerd inproperty management? Commercial real estates is not an 8-5, Monday througbh Friday career. Flexibility, adaptability, and patience are essential.
Some knowledgde of construction, mechanical, and electrical systems is What skills do you think have most helped you succeede in commercialproperty management? Beinyg organized and having a lot of How many years have you worked in the commercia real estate industry? 14. What was your firstr commercial realestate job? Bank of Americz Corporate Real Estate. Why did you choose a career in commerciallreal estate? When I was in the banking side of Bank of I worked closely with the corporate real estate team on site acquisitions, buildintg new banking centers, and refurbishingf existing one. The more time I spenft workingwith them, the more I realized I wante d to be in commercial real estate.
Is therwe a particular person who was most responsible for you pursuingh a career in commercialoreal estate? There were severa l people that allowed me to have some exposuree to real estate. What was your last job prior to gettin into commercialreal estate? Banker. Who has been the most influentia person inyour career? The first manager I had in real estate told me to take care of my He also pointed out that I didn't need to know everything but definitely needed to know wherew to get the What is your hometown? Mt. In what town/city do you now live? What are your hobbies? Home improvement projecta and tennis.
What has been the most memorable evenr for you personally in the past12 months? Being named assistant director of asset managemen at Highwoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment